When a tooth is lost, it often takes everything with it, including the tooth root. Without a tooth root to anchor it, the bone underneath can start to recede, causing unprecedented chaos and dental confusion.
While some tooth restorations options can keep your other teeth from shifting, most sit on top of your gumline, far away from the beneath. Only dental implants fully restore your tooth root and smile.
They fuse to your jawbone and bond to it, becoming a reliable foundation that supports dental crowns (the visible portion of the dental implant.)
Dr. Saad Bassas and Dr. Jason Chong shade the dental crown to match your existing teeth so that no one will ever know you've had a dental restoration. Dental implants are an excellent way to get rid of any gaps in your smile permanently, all while looking, feeling, and functioning like an existing tooth.
Five Fun Facts About Dental Implants
There are many reasons to love dental implants, but did you know:
- These tooth restorations have been humans for centuries, the earliest discovered dental implant dates to around 600 A.D.
- Unlike other tooth replacement options that sit on top of your gumline, only dental implants fuse to your jawbone and keep it healthy
- The first successful modern dental implant was performed in 1951, and we've been perfecting the technique since!
- Just a year later, Swedish surgeon P.I. Branemark discovered that titanium was biocompatible
- Millions of Americans improve their smile every year with a dental implant
Keep Your Smile Healthy and Strong With Dental Implants
Don't let a gap in your smile keep you down. We can keep your teeth and bone from moving around and causing further tooth loss. Dental implants are the only permanent tooth replacement option that our patients can trust. Call us today to learn more!