If you have lost one or more teeth and are eager to learn more regarding your tooth replacement options, you may be interested in learning about dental implants.
Dental implants are extremely thin, durable, biocompatible titanium screws that are topped off with a dental crown to replace an entire missing tooth—including the root!
Implants are the only surgical and permanent procedure that patients can enjoy for decades. Unlike dentures or bridges, this restoration never needs to be replaced or refitted since the jaw bone is stimulated and does not recede.
Tooth implants allow patients to eat whatever foods they want (or at least your favorite foods), speak clearly, smile often, and never without fear of the dental implant shifting or falling out. Roseville, MN restorative dentists at i-Implant Dentistry, are highly skilled in tooth restoration treatments.
While modern dental implants are precision crafted to look just like a real tooth, history has shown us that our ancestors have always worked towards restoring missing teeth.
Five Facts You Didn't Know About Dental Implants
- The earliest dental implant dates back to an ancient Mayan woman living around 600 AD who had pieces of shell hammered into the jaw.
- Dental implants are the only treatment that keeps the jaw bone healthy and promotes bone growth.
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry was founded in 1951, making dental implants a relatively modern success.
- The very next year in 1952, a Swedish orthopedic surgeon realized that titanium could integrate with bone.
- Three million American adults have invested in their smiles by getting one ore more dental implants.
Are You Missing One or More Teeth?
Missing a tooth can lead to more missing teeth, but dental implants can restore the natural balance of your smile. Dental implants revive oral functions like eating, chewing, and speaking clearly. Call Dr. Saad Bassas and Dr. Jason Chong today to schedule your dental implant evaluation or to learn more regarding this life-changing procedure.
We look forward to hearing from you!