What You Can Expect During Post-Op Healing
If you’ve recently undergone a tooth extraction or other surgical procedure, your body needs time to heal and recover. During this process, you must heed the medical advice of your Roseville, MN dentists to keep your mouth healthy.
After dental surgery, you can expect:
- Mild-to-moderate pain and soreness. You can manage this pain with over-the-counter painkillers or prescription medications as recommended by your dentists
- Minimal postoperative bleeding for the first few days
- To follow a soft diet during the days immediately following surgery. Stick to choices like applesauce and yogurt to avoid placing pressure on your mouth
Additionally, after an oral surgery or tooth extraction in Sartell, you should:
- Stop smoking, at least temporarily if you can’t quit entirely
- Get plenty of rest, avoid physical activity, and plan to take a day or two off work to recover
- Avoid brushing or flossing around the surgical site
As with any surgical procedure, remember to take it easy and give your body the time it needs to heal and return to normal. Don’t push yourself or try to do too much at once.
Straightforward and Painless Oral Surgical Recovery
At i-Implant Dentistry, we want your surgical recovery process to be as painless and straightforward as possible. If you have questions about oral surgery recovery or are worried your mouth isn’t healing correctly, please don’t hesitate to call us at (320) 331-3000.