When do I need a tooth extraction?
An extraction is a process of removing a tooth, down to the root. Your i-Implant Dentistry dentist will always do what they can to save your tooth, but there are times when a tooth extraction is necessary for your oral health. Some of the main reasons an extraction might be recommended include:
- Severe tooth decay that cannot be fixed with a filling, crown, or root canal
- A broken tooth near the gum line
- A loose tooth which cannot be saved
- A baby tooth that never came out and may be blocking adult teeth from coming in
- To prepare for orthodontic treatment
- Impacted wisdom teeth
Your dentists in Sartell and Roseville prioritize saving a tooth if possible. If a tooth extraction is necessary, patients can expect a painless and easy process. At i-Implant Dentistry, we are highly trained and experienced in dental extractions, and will guide you through proper aftercare for healing. If you think you might need an extraction, give us a call to make an appointment.