Dental Implants in Sartell, MN
If you have one or more missing teeth, you’re probably tired of the challenges missing teeth cause: Trouble chewing food thoroughly, removing food particles from your teeth, and even articulating certain words clearly. For many people, the cosmetic effects of a missing tooth are what trouble them the most.
No matter what your current situation, replacing missing teeth is one of the most effective and long-term ways to improve your healthy smile and appearance. The good news is that getting a dental implant at our Sartell and Roseville, MN dental offices is a highly reliable, permanent solution for replacing missing teeth.
At i-Implant Dentistry, we’re passionate about helping you restore your teeth for a worry-free, beautiful smile.
- What are dental implants?
- Why do so many dentists recommend dental implants?
- What are the benefits of dental implants?
- What is the process of dental implants?
- My dentures move around. Will dental implants help me?
- Are dental implants a good solution for me?
- Can dental implants fix multiple missing teeth?
- Do dental implants require special care?
- How long will my dental implant last?
- Will I need bone grafting or a sinus lift?
What are dental implants?
Your teeth have deep roots that keep your jawbone strong. Each tooth supports the other and prevents adjacent teeth from shifting out of place. When you lose a tooth, the bone in the empty space begins to deteriorate. Other teeth, without the tooth as support, shift over time and can move backwards in your mouth.
Oral health concerns are only part of the problem with missing teeth, however. Teeth help you chew and speak clearly, and when one or more teeth are missing, you notice difficulties in these areas. Although some people get accustomed to these challenges, the cosmetic effects of missing teeth can cause ongoing self-esteem issues in social or professional situations.
Dental implants solve all these problems. A common and highly reliable quality treatment, placing dental implants is our specialty at i-Implant Dentistry in Sartell, MN.
A dental implant mimics your natural tooth’s roots by bonding with your jawbone. The biocompatible titanium post provides stability and bone stimulation, while a dental crown serves as the tooth’s surface. You can eat and speak normally again, fix the gap in your teeth, and be proud of your healthy smile again.
Why do so many dentists recommend dental implants?
According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, over three million people have dental implants, with that number growing by half a million each year. Tooth decay, gum disease, and injury are the leading causes of tooth loss. A long-term, reliable solution is essential for solving the problem of bone loss and the drawbacks of removable appliances.
Dental implants preserve and build new bone, provide a long-term solution to missing teeth, and have a high success rate. Of course, your dental implant restoration also looks completely natural and matches your other teeth in size, color, and shape. Restoring your teeth with highly reliable, natural-looking artificial teeth restores your self-confidence, too.
Dr. Bassas is a formally trained surgeon and leading dental implant expert who performs hundreds of dental implant and bone graft procedures each year. If you’re concerned about a missing tooth, call our office to schedule a consultation at i-Implant Dentistry. Dr. Bassass is passionate about providing a positive experience for patients and educating them about all possible treatment options.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants in our Sartell, MN dental office are quickly becoming the preferred treatment for missing teeth for good reasons:
- Restores your smile cosmetically. Once your dental implant is complete, you’ll love looking younger and healthier. No more hiding the gaps in your teeth - you can smile, laugh, and speak with confidence!
- Protects bone. Dental implants are the only solution to missing teeth that preserve and stimulate bone growth, preventing oral health problems and undesirable facial changes.
- Long-term solution. You’ll have an artificial tooth rather than a temporary device that may not fit properly or look natural. If cared for properly, dental implants can last a lifetime.
What is the process of dental implants?
The dental implant process is more involved than that of dentures, but you will have your restoration for many years to come that preserves your jawbone and functions seamlessly to give you a healthy smile. While every patient is unique and has different needs, here’s what you can expect:
- Dr. Bassass will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health, discuss all treatment options with you, and listen to your concerns.
- During the dental implant procedure in our Sartell, MN dental office, Dr. Bassass will place the titanium post in your jawbone.
- After several months, your jawbone will fuse with the dental implant. You’ll return to our dental office for your final restoration once the area heals.
Dr. Bassass provides personalized, compassionate care, whether you need a surgical procedure or a routine restoration.
My dentures move around. Will dental implants help me?
In some situations, such as multiple missing teeth, dentures or dental bridges can work together with dental implants, using the implants as stable anchors. Either way, more people are choosing dental implants over dentures.
- Provide a long-term, stable solution. Dental implants last for many years and never move or shift with eating.
- Improve bone health. Dental implants fuse with your own jawbone to stimulate and preserve your bone. Dentures offer no protection from bone loss.
- Look natural and beautiful. Your final restoration will look just like your other teeth, giving you the confidence to smile without worry.
Are dental implants a good solution for me?
Dental implants may be a good solution if you:
- Have one or multiple missing teeth
- Are done growing in the jaw area
- Have good overall health
- Don’t smoke
- Aren’t pregnant
- Have healthy gums
- Don’t want to or can’t wear dentures
Can dental implants fix multiple missing teeth?
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, at least 178 million Americans are missing one or more teeth. But no matter how many teeth you’ve lost, the impact on your appearance and oral function is significant.
We offer several cosmetic dentistry treatments for replacing multiple missing teeth, which Dr. Bassass can perform at our dental office in Sartell, MN.
- If you’re missing several teeth, we can place dental implants to support dentures or dental bridges in a treatment called implant-supported dentures or bridges.
- If you have multiple missing teeth in a row, dental implants can support a full denture in a treatment called full-implant denture.
Do dental implants require special care?
Most people are happy to learn that dental implants simply need the same care as your natural teeth and gums. That doesn’t mean you’re off the hook, though - you can still get gum disease in the implant area.
Brush and floss your teeth diligently between meals and visit i-Implant Dentistry, your dentist in Sartell, MN, twice a year. At your dental exam and teeth cleaning, we’ll remove any plaque or tartar buildup and check for signs of tooth decay or periodontal disease.
How long will my dental implant last?
With a 98 percent success rate, most dental implants last for many years with proper dental hygiene. That means avoiding gum disease or infection in the area by consistently brushing and flossing your teeth between meals.
A dental exam and teeth cleaning every six months also help prevent disease or infection in the gums, which could lead to implant failure. When your dental implant procedure is complete, we will give you detailed instructions for caring for your restoration.
Will I need bone grafting or a sinus lift?
Since we place dental implants in the jawbone, you need to have a certain amount of bone to secure the titanium post. However, it’s common to lose bone with missing teeth, and some patients may have structural limitations in their sinus area preventing implant placement. If you have any bone loss or structural issues, we’ll identify the need for treatment during your initial evaluation.
The good news is that with today’s cutting-edge dental materials and technology, Dr. Bassass can add bone to your jawbone right here in our Sartell, MN dental office so that you can still take advantage of dental implants. Here’s how:
Bone grafting. In this procedure, we use your own tissue, donor tissue, or synthetic material to build the bone area to its normal condition.
Sinus lift. If you don’t have enough bone in the upper jaw molar area, we need to “lift” the sinus membrane before performing a bone graft.
Call Us Today for a Consultation
Are you ready to restore your healthy smile with dental implants? Call our Sartell, MN dental office today at (320) 331-3000 to learn if you’re a good candidate. We happily serve Sartell, Roseville, St. Cloud, and surrounding areas. The team at i-Implant Dentistry is happy to answer your questions and get you started towards the smile you’re envisioning!